David Simpson from Jeff Carrel down in Narbonne. Jeff speaks no English but David’s a fine sub! Tasting Organic Sauvignon Blanc and Domaine des Anges Reserve Red. We’re going to pair these with a Paul Bocuse Classic – Coq au Vin.
Classic Coq au Vin
- 1 Chicken
- Flour as needed
- Cognac 125 ml
- Red Wine 500 ml
- 1 Carrot
- 1 large Onion
- Parsley To taste
- Bay leaf to taste
- Sprig of Thyme to taste
- Peeled garlic cloves to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken into quarters and let it marinate with wine and the herbs for 24 hours.
- Drain and dry the chicken, then brown off with some oil in a large casserole pot.
- Once golden, add the cognac and let it flame.
- Then mix in a bit of all plain flour, and turn off the heat.
- Sauté the vegetables in a bit of butter or lard, put everything into the casserole pot and add the wine back in.
- When warmed through, lower the flame and cook for 30-40 minutes, half-covered, turning the pieces over every so often.